Some of the most meaningful and enduring lessons learned can come from working one on one with a dedicated teacher.
Being Tea offers accessible and affordable options for private instruction, no matter if you’re local to me in Chicago or you live in another state or even country.
Together, we plan highly focused workshops and sessions built around your professional or personal needs. Whether you’d just like a personal refresher course in a particular subject, or you need a little longer term mentorship, I’m available for you.
Why private classes might be a good fit for you
There are any number of reasons why someone seeks out private instruction. I can say from my experience, I gravitate toward small group or individual interactions in a social setting already, and I found this preference completely translated to how I like to learn, too.
Working with a private teacher quieted the busyness in my mind, so I could focus just on their instruction and how that resonated with me internally.
I’ve worked with many people in private instruction over the years. Some situations include :
– Mentoring newer tea professionals in their job
– Improving tea tasting skills
– Teacher training and public speaking skills
– Personal interest in a specific area of tea
– Studying tea meditation for self care
– Personal schedule that excludes regular group class availability
– Feeling uncomfortable in public group settings, for any reason (knowledge level, lack of inclusive space, physical limitations, history of trauma or anxiety)
My rates are comparable to private sessions in fields like yoga, personal training, and therapy. Most classes start at $100/hour. Reduced rates are available in some financially sensitive circumstances or for committing to a package of classes.