Exclusive for recipients of Getchusomegear boxes!
Getchusomegear is a charitable organization that supports talented coffee pros from marginalized communities through donations of professional equipment to further their skills. They also provide supporting services such as resume assistance, grants, and scholarships to attend industry training events.
Being Tea is honored to be Getchu’s official tea education partner. All baristas need access to tea education in addition to their coffee training, and yet this is often very hard to come by. As a former barista myself, coffee folks are near and dear to my teaching heart. If you’re a beneficiary of Getchu’s services, I would love to work with you!
CLASS TOPICS IN THE BEING TEA PROGRAM INCLUDE:
– Tea Skills: Sensory development through brewing mechanics, cupping and comparative tasting, category explorations.
– Barista Series: (coming early 2021) Functional tea skills training, with a specific focus on the environment and needs of baristas.
– Tea Meditation: Mindfulness training and tea education for mental wellbeing, including guided sessions and personal exploration.
– Quiet Tea Sundays: Our ongoing weekly tea meditation practice, centered in making space for self-care and restoration.
MEMBERS OF THIS LEVEL RECEIVE:
- One year of reduced rate access to Being Tea’s online education program!
- FREE access to member-only, live and interactive classes every month.
- Unlimited access to all four class libraries: Tea Skills, Tea Meditation, and our two newest offerings, Quiet Tea Sundays and Barista Series.
- Access to new recorded classes added each month to the libraries.
- Free or discounted access to Being Tea non-member special events.
- This member level is eligible for renewal at the end of the year.
This level requires a referral from Getchu to register for the reduced rate ($5/mo instead of standard $10).
If you’re a Getchusomegear recipient and you’re interested in tea training, please contact them for details!