For this Brew Lab, our focus is on reinfusing tea – hands down, one of the main questions I get asked about tea. High quality teas can, and should be enjoyed for several rounds. In this Brew Lab course, we test out ways to calibrate the method more specifically for the tea.
– Two teas, either green & oolong, or oolong & whole leaf black
– 3-4 glass beakers (500ml size). We use these a lot in classes, and they’re very useful for tea brewing.
– 4 tea cupping sets
– Gaiwan or kyusu of preferred size
– Electric kettle + 1.5L (50oz) water
– Gram scale
– Thermometer if your kettle doesn’t adjust temp
– Digital timer
– Tasting cup
Original airdate: Oct 2018